Sunday, May 20, 2007

Family Fun Outing and a Personal In-ing

We had the usual Sunday fare: Mass and time at home together. Dave suggested we take the kids out to McDonald's for a fun outing. They did great and Annie even got up the slide a few times. When I reminded them of the rules before we went in, they all said, "Eat first. Play second." Hey! That spaced repetition really works.

Afterwards, Dave and I took advantage of the daylight saving time and the onboard DVD to drive in the country and look at a couple houses for sale with acreage, off of the same road he grew up on.

After the wee ones went to bed, I took a big soak in the new tub in the "new" bathroom. That's a first for me. Prior to that in the 10+ years we've lived here, I had never done that.

2 comments:

AnneGero said...

Ruth Anne, I bet that soak in the new tub felt great!! You should do that more often. It is quite relaxing.
Glad to know that you are getting back to "normal", whatever that is.
Has St. Anthony led anyone to your purse, etc.?
Keep alert.
Mom

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I love a bath. One thing I WILL splurge on in a new home is a corner lounging tub/jacuzzi. I know it'll cost more money to fill it up, but.....sometimes...ya just gotta rest those weary bones and joints.

I have been known to fall asleep in the tub.....

Don't worry, Mom....it's not that deep. I usually get too cold before anything bad would happen.

Peggy :)