Dave and I enjoyed a date night tonight. We grabbed a quick soup and salad dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and then hightailed it north to see "Hot Fuzz." On the way home, we did some quick grocery shopping. The movie is a British shoot-em-up comedy by the same folks who made "Shaun of the Dead" [which I had not ever seen]. It had a slow start, but was quite satisfying at the end. Its story is about an over-achieving London police officer who gets reassigned to a bucolic rural post. Mayhem ensues as the stars pay homage to the movies "Bad Boys" and "Point Break." I saw this movie as a perfect depiction of the false sense of security one might get in a small town.
I am noticing myself noticing everything. I'm very aware of myself out in the world. I scan regularly and practice noting car makes and models and plate numbers. I cannot say if this is an unwelcome tic or a temporary thing. I don't know if I'll ever be quite the same. Having David with me is and has always been a comfort. I never feel ill-at-ease in his presence.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment