We don't subscribe to HBO and so I missed "Sex and the City" when it aired there. But TBS shows two episodes a week on Tuesdays and the same two episodes on Wednesdays. I really enjoy the show and its slice-of-New-York life without having to venture to Yankee-land myself. I particularly enjoy the puns Carrie Bradshaw regularly lobs. When the show moved from the no holds barred HBO to the basic cable TBS, it had to clean up its act a little. The vulgarity is dubbed and the sex scenes [come on! look at the title!] are edited. But the heart of the show, the relationship saga of four single women, remains. I actually prefer watching the series in this way. On the third go-round, I should have caught all the episodes and understand all the inside jokes.
DFC Update: Cleaned the floor of my side of the closet and gathered a dozen pairs of shoes to go to someone who'll wear them.
15 years ago

2 comments:
I find it interesting that you prefer the devulgarized Sex In the City.
But what comes to my mind is, what if they decide to do the opposite?
A Dick Van Dyke Show where they add some bedroom scenes with Dick and Laura through look alikes, or a Honeymooners where he actually does give her one right in the kisser, or a Doby Gillis where we see Maynard actually smoking pot (not to mention all the possibilities with Mr. Denver's other famous show Gilligan's Island).
The mind boggles, hopefully I haven't given any execs out there any bright ideas.
(and this thought was triggered by your post and a remembered bit from Neil Gaiman's American Gods where the God of Television tries to entice the main character by having Lucy Ricardo flash him)
Paul and I watched the entire series on TBS. I loved it. It was entertaining and well-written. (I never saw it on HBO but a friend was shocked that it could even be cleaned up enough for TBS.)
Post a Comment