Dave and I had two Christmas parties to attend this weekend, necessitating two different baby-sitters to cover for us at home. The first party at the home of a couple from church/Marriage Encounter, is one we've attended for several years now. I told the hostess that it's one of those events that tells me, "Okay, now it's really Christmas." They provide abundant beverages and main dishes and they ask everyone to bring an appetizer, salad or dessert. I had a holiday-manic mood and I took the girls to the store with four recipes in hand and wound up making and taking all four things to the party. We got to touch base with friends we haven't seen in months and it surprised us that midnight rolled around so quickly.
Last night we attended a new-to-us party: Dave's Fourth Degree Christmas party. Dave looked handsome as can be in his evening wear and I got to wear a new frock. The food was good and the company was even better. I got to dance with Dave and he serenaded me along with The King and The Righteous Bros. We are the only couple in this group who had to leave to take the sitter home and we are the youngest, too. We've been officially squares for a long time and this just reinforces that we like squareness.
15 years ago

4 comments:
Perhaps another word for squareness is: responsibility.
Nothing at all wrong with that!!
Sounds like fun.
Fess up about the 4 items that you made for the parties.
Melting moments? spritz cookies? powered sugar anything?
Dancing...wow....that is VERY cool.
Peggy :)
[1] World's best cheese ball
[2] Sausage balls
[3] No-bake peanut butter bars
[4] Peanut buster clusters [from Joyce V.Z.]
Powdered sugar figured prominently in item #3.
Okay...now can you share those with me via email?
Believe it or not, I actually have taken up cooking again. *grin*
Thanks, Sistah!!
Peggy :)
Did you get any pictures of you two in your evening wear? I'd love to see your new frock.
Post a Comment