Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pixel Dust



Behold our first ever picture taken with Santa Claus. We thought of photoshopping the cowlick, but then we'd have photoshopped out all the whimsy.

Merry Christmas from the Adamses!

15 comments:

Kevin said...

Merry Christmas! Your family looks great. Hope the celebration of Christ's birth brings you peace and joy.

chickelit said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

(I should really learn how to upload photos somewhere. My kids are total blondies- we could compete over kid cuteness)

Sara said...

LOVE IT!!! Makes my day, but you already know that...

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

It's not a cowlick...it's character!!

I remember Mom always trying to smooth down Dad's after a hair cut.

Zeke is Dad...in read-head format...even down to the teeth and smile!!

Peggy :)

Northern Light said...

What a gorgeous photo! Merry Christmas! Loved your lengthy plug (for this and my blog!) on a very important radio show today! Love to hear you! We're off to Hawaii to escape the snow here; alas, I won't have my computer, but in the interim, enjoy these wondrous family times!

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Northern Light:
Say 'hey' to the PEOTUS and his lovely family while you're away.

And don't let your man be caught dead in shorts! Short pants are for boys!

It was a hoot being on the radio with The Mensch today. I was in the middle of making some goodies on my day off. He was quite indulgent and very kind. I hope he has a couple history shows in the can while you're all away.

Safe travels!

ChildsPlay said...

Heard you on Medved. Love the blog.

And always keep the cowlick in.

Merry Christmas.

Renee said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Simon said...

Merry Christmas from all at Chez Dodd to all at chez Adams!

SippicanCottage said...

Merry Christmas from all the assorted Sippican persons.

reader_iam said...

Merry Christmas and a blessed Christmas week, Ruth Anne.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Thanks, Reader. With all your musical heritage, you might appreciate that we celebrate the "Octave of Christmas." That's right, baby! Eight days!

I saw elsewhere that you had a 'crafts dilemma' with the church kids. Honestly, all I could think of was making Christmas trees out of folded up Reader's Digests, spray painting them green or making door wreaths out of extra computer punch cards and spray painting them gold.

I am so old.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope it's memorable for all good reasons.

reader_iam said...

Although I'm not a craft-y person, I have had, in my past--and this so weird, even I think so--hopes of becoming ones, so I had this stash ... in a neglected classics, so I came up with felt, old collected Christmas cards (sorted into folders! sheesh! when did I do THAT?!), fluffy puffs, stickers, etc., plus a bunch of card stock (in seasonal colors, even!), and I augmented them with glitter, more glitter, and various drawing media and shape-edge-stencil media borrowed from the homeschool area. Voila! An embarrassment of riches for cards, ornaments or collage. (I would have brought the die-cutters, but ... too heavy, and we ran out of time, and apparently I'd lent out the angels.)

I managed to make batches of three different kinds of cookies and get them chilled (and about half of two out of three of them actually set up on time!--;( ), so we also eked something like 6 dozen cookies, most rolled in various colored or raw sugars, but some iced with the trimmings.

Not so bad, all things considered ... . But the kid didn't get to bed until after 10:30, husband's off singing and I still have all this ... stuff ... to do.

Luckily, we do a sort of 12 Days of Christmas thing, so there's a decent chunk of wrapping I can leave over for the next two night or two.

Now, if only Elf UPS hadn't either mislaid or delayed-due-to-weather a couple of key deliveries intended for use tomorrow ... .

Isn't it a luxury to have such minor glitches? All things considered, such a blessing, and I mean that sincerely.

So, did you surprise with a tree again this year?

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Very Happy & Holy Christmas to you all.

AnneGero said...

Merry Christmas to all the Adamses. Hope you had a wonderful day with the rest of your family. Missed calling you as it was a busy day with Peggy. Quiet but very nice. Mass, breakfast,(Peggy cooked wonderful omelets in my Pampered Chef pan)then off to the movies. Saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Long movie but well done, so did not mind sitting all that time. Home to cook a steak dinner for us. We sat down to watch TV but got no picture. Went out and got the snow off the dish then could see the picture. She left early as it started to SNOW AGAIN and she has to work Friday. Tomorrow is my day to cook for the family. Looking forward to that. Wish you could be here with us. Enjoy the Holy Season.
Love, Mom