Monday, February 05, 2007

How I Knew This Was Going to Be a Good Day

[1] Althouse linked to me on the front page of her blog.
[2] My doctor said my sore throat was not strep [for the 4th time].
[3] Movie-time Monday on Playhouse Disney featured "Monsters, Inc."
[4] I picked up a free box of Godivas at the mall on the way to work.
[5] Our Best Man is on his way home from Iraq after 14 months away.
[6] The Amazing Race All-Stars will feature Rob and Amber Marino [known to some as "Romber"].
[7] It's another hour of '24.'

4 comments:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Wow...is that a septugarumverate? (as opposed to a tri-uverate?)

I knew it was a good day when my almost 9-year old car with 180K miles on it started the first time in -17 degree temperatures in Wisconsin. (mind you it doesn't have a garage). That is a VERY good day!!

The high eeked out about -2 below. All schools (Madison/Milwaukee) were closed today. Let's hope it starts when I want to go home this afternoon.

Enjoy 24!! I'll be fixing someone's PC tonight...

P_J said...

And I turned 40. I couldn't imagine being this old when I was my kids' ages. Yet here I am.

So, a good day all around!

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Happy Birthday, Pastor Jeff! Welcome to the club. I remember when my dad turned 46. For some reason, that's when I decided it was ancient. As it is only 3 years from me....not lookin' so ancient after all!

P_J said...

Thanks! My two older brothers made sure to welcome me to "the club."

Anyway, I had a great day and I'm glad you did, too. Isn't it funny what makes for a great day as an adult compared to when we were kids?

But some things stay the same. I'm with you for Monsters, Inc. and chocolates (although I'm not a fan of Godiva).