For long-time readers of this blog, you know I watch "The Amazing Race" and blogged a lot about Rob and Amber. Feel free to take a walk down memory lane. Start here. Then, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. And their wedding: here, here, and here.
But, what you didn't know was that I was totally a geek. I read an article from their local Pittsburgh paper on what they were registered for and where. On a complete lark, I selected from their registry at Williams-Sonoma, two 9" round cake pans and sent them as a gift in early May. I figured that for everyone's birthday, Amber might bake a cake using those pans and she'll do what I have done for the years since our wedding gifts arrived: when I pull them out, I think about the person who sent them.
As a pleasant surprise, today I received a hand-written thank you note from Amber and Rob, [though I think she actually wrote it from the pretty penmanship]. No return address, but a postmark in Pensacola, Florida. I didn't blog about it earlier because I just wanted to see if Amber was as kind and nice and thoughtful of a person as I believed. She is. I'll say it again...Rob: You're one lucky guy.
But I'm still a geek.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment