Monday, November 24, 2008

Felonious Spunk - Part II

The kiddy bedtime routine was disrupted tonight when Dave's business partner called to tell him that their office was broken into tonight. Dave went to the office and was met by the local constabulary and his partner. They discovered broken glass, things tampered with, and things missing. He's off now to get some plywood to board up the window for the night. It's been a good long while since my robbery, but it hasn't been so long as to forget.

There was an eye witness who called the police while the robbery was in progress. The witness got a description of them from a somewhat safe vantage point. No one got physically hurt. But I think when the concept of 'personal property' is violently violated, we as a culture are indeed hurt. Pissed off at least.

3 comments:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Be thankful that someone witnessed the crime.

Be thankful that David and his partner can "fix" the physical damage.

Be thankful that no one was injured.

Be thankful for insurance.

Be thankful you have the week off.

Be thankful for your kids and that you married a good guy and he has a good job and a great business partner.

Be thankful for all things, Kins. This too, shall become a distant memory...after all the crap you gotta do to get there.

Be thankful for ADT or some other security system and employ it...or get yourself a lovely German Shepherd and feed him well. I heard that insurance reports say that a canine is the most frequently cited deterrent to crime.

I'm glad you guys are okay.

Love,
Peggy :)

AnneGero said...

Ditto to Peggy's great comment. I do hope that you found that nothing was stolen, particulary computers.

I'm also very glad that all of you are okay.
Love, Mom

reader_iam said...

Ruthanne, I hope everything turned out OK enough and that they catch the robbers.

And I hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving despite it all.