I received a political polling phone call yesterday afternoon and I played along with the interview. I've lived in North Carolina for 18 years and this is the very first presidential primary that has mattered in my time here. I still have a few days to change my party affiliation to "Unaffiliated" so I can choose which party's ballot to select come May. [Read: OPERATION CHAOS].
They asked me the typical demographic questions and to the race one I answered "Unknown" and added "when you guys stop asking that question, it'll stop mattering." Now I know I sound as white as Lily Mayonnaise-McWonderbread, so she might've figured it out and just put down her supposition. But wouldn't it be neat if we taught all our family and friends to eschew answering that question? What would the pollsters do? They'd have to find another way to stuff us into their pigeon holes.
15 years ago

9 comments:
Tag. You're it.
wow, that's a good one. but they might throw you out of the sample, or was unknown one of the choices?
Hey, Barf, take your wife-beater rhetoric somewhere else. Come on over to my blog -- we like to tear idjits like you apart over there. Leave Mrs. Adams alone and pray you never meet her husband.
You, sir, are pathetic.
Thanks, Pauli. Chivalry is alive and well and I, for one, thank you for it.
Just for the record: "Bart" comes to us from Somerville, Massachusetts, IP address: 66.30.10; staying for all of 3 minutes, 47 seconds, viewing 2 pages and leaving 2 comments. Visitor #72,232. Bart, we hardly knew ye.
I'm fascinated mostly by how the crisis in the Democratic Party has been largely of their own making. I'm enthralled to see how this will all play out.
By the way, I'm home from sea, never to sail again, and have resumed blogging.
Go for it Ruth Anne! I for one love to screw up the surveys when I answer Hispanic. Technically I am, but I've been so mainstreamed all my life that it really shouldn't count (and pale as Snow White thanks to northern Spain). My kids are Hispanic too, which bugs the WASP husband! I think we're the token 'Spics in our school district! You're right, it shouldn't matter.
Big money is spend on polling for sure. But they seem to be wrong frequently. Case in point, the primary election results haven't been coming in exactly as the polls said they would.
I wonder if it is because many of us (yes I was polled too) don't answer completely truthfully because we are rascals and want to mess with the pollsters. Our own form of operation chaos.
I don't mean to be a bad person but I just can't help myself when pollsters call and I feel in the mood for hijinks!!!
Post a Comment