Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Relieved

It was a sick day for me because Annie, who slept through the night, urped once more this morning. But she was quiet most of the day and I took the opportunity [Mom and a Nanny in the house] to finish the taxes. They are done, filed and I AM EXCITED. Best yet, Annie is on the mend and has kept it all down since this morning.

1 comment:

reader_iam said...

Good job! Isn't it great get that off the list?

I'm glad Annie's feeling better. My son woke up in the wee hours of Monday with a headache, so I lay next to him to soothe him back to sleep. Next thing you he gets up on his hands in knees in attempt to get off the bed, but--not quite making it--ends up puking right on top of my head, copiously. (Foolish me, I reflexively turn over which meant--well, you can imagine.) Then it starts going everywhere everywhere Next thing you know, dad's out of bed in response to a request for reinforcements, he's dragging the out of the room and tackling the bed and floor-trail cleanup while I get the kid into the bathroom, calm him down and draw him a bath to clean him up, stopping just long enough to wipe my face and wrap my head in a towel-turban to forestall further, well, dripping.

My son was a puker for years, until about age 3 or so. But it took all these years to get to the point where I could well and truly say, "There's pretty much no part of my body that hasn't been puked on."

You know you're a mom when you realize that you just waited something like 45 minutes to wash the puke out of your hair etc. because you wanted the kid to be comfortable (and because there's no second shower in the house) and somehow this is OK, something which could not have been imagined, years ago.

Out of school two days, going back tomorrow. Health, it seems, is busting out all over.

P.S. In the process of the other night, I discovered another downside to having very curly (permed) long hair. Hm. Maybe some rethinking is in order.