Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger, R.I.P.


I'm just shocked by this news of young Heath Ledger's sudden death. I loved him as William in "A Knight's Tale," and was impressed with his role in "Monster's Ball," and adored him as Mel Gibson's son in "The Patriot." So sad. So terribly sad.


2 comments:

Maria said...

What!?! That's horrible! I never would have thought of him as being "that type." Am I that out of the loop, or did he just keep his extercurricular activities under the radar?

Sad.

Simon said...

My wife loved him in that movie too. And by all reports, his swan song as the Joker is a fitting full stop - it's been widely praised. When Oliver Reed died (granted a less unexpected event) there was consternation at the idea that this man, this man who could have been the greatest actor of his generation if he could only have pulled. his. shit. together and yet never quite did (one thinks more of Robert Downey Jr. than Heath Ledger for a contemporary analog), and his swan song will be this horrendous Michael Winner movie "Parting Shots." Fortunately, as it turned out, Reed was about done shooting Gladiator, which turned out to be a towering performance in a fabulous movie. A fitting tribute - as one is hopeful The Dark Knight will be for Ledger.