Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Annie PT Update: Best Ever

Another Wednesday at Miss Ashley's gym. With just a short time with the new prosthesis, Annie displayed a strong desire to be up and ambulatory. She took many many steps on her own, showed a good sense of balance and self-correction, and did o.k. with the 'magic stick' which is a small [purple] arm crutch. We were reticent of giving it to her for fear of creating a dependency that we'd only have to break later. But there's something in that little gal which desires to walk and she only uses it every few steps. We still need to tweak some of the adjustments in the limb, but she's doing great with it. She seems completely comfortable being 'up' and putting weight on either leg. She even walked out of the gym, down the hall, into the elevator, out the front door and half-way to Daddy's truck wearing it. Dave noted that this is the longest she's worn it [the whole hour] and the farthest she's walked wearing it. Yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What good news!

AnneGero said...

Ruth Anne,
I'm glad to read your good news about Annie. (No computer was available to me in PA so I had to wait util arrival back home.) I can hardly wait to be with all of you again and see all this for myself. Do you think I will be able to catch her when she runs away from me?
See you soon.
Mom