Thursday, February 22, 2007

Oscar Fever

I stumbled onto an ABC Special tonight after watching the best ever NBC Thursday comedy line-up. We pretty much laugh out loud regularly at "The Office" and "30 Rock". Hilarious. Keep it coming. Anyway, I stumbled onto an Oprah Winfrey Oscar special. She set up interviews with Oscar winners interviewing other Oscar winners. I watched Julia Roberts interview George Clooney. Now it's Nicole Kidman interviewing Russell Crowe. It is very interesting and well done. They interviewers know their subjects on a personal level and so the questions are probing, playful and difficult. They're the type of questions I've answered with my friends into the wee hours of the morning or over a drink in a quiet bar during college. They're the kind of questions friends should ask friends. And I get a voyeuristic delight in watching.

My superbowl arrives on Sunday--The Oscars. I'm sure to watch the show, even if I haven't seen any/many of the nominees. Having no dog in any fight means I can be really catty about the fashions.

1 comment:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Bring on the Oscars....I hope that your friend Victoria (cheers) is watching this....too.

My friend, Anne and I went to see these movies this week:

Little Children with Kate Winslett and Jackie Earl Harvey who are both up for nominations. The film itself is a journey into relationships - an affair, a sexual misfit, and life in general. I loved the narrator in the film and I loved the "make ya think" "make ya feel" part of the movie. I call these "artsy/fartsy" movies and it truly was. It was a good flick.

The next day, we went to see, Last King of Scotland. It was one of those movies that you know what happens as we lived it, but Forest Whitaker, truly became Idi Amin. But...I'm not sure I liked the film. We were troubled by the Dr. character and how he was such a dork throughout the movie....how could he NOT have known what Amin was doing. And...I will do more research on the Raid on Entebbe. I kept hoping that the movie would end....perhaps that was good but Whitaker did an awe-inspiring job as Amin. He became Imin much as Philip Seymour Hoffman became Truman Capote last year.

We'll be enjoying 7-12 inches of snow this weekend. I'll make a pot of chili and hunker down and watch the Oscars!!

I think I've seen most of the flicks now....and true to Oscar, they're all different...*giggle*

Peggy :)