Thursday, February 01, 2007

Jammy Day

In North Carolina, things shut down when bad weather is anticipated. Last night, while not a flake had descended from on high, the school closings were rolling on the TV scroll. We got a light dusting this morning. About the time I usually head into work, it was becoming frozen rain. I decided to take a day off. Shortly thereafter, it kind of cleared up. It's dark now and the temperature is 35 degrees. I think we dodged a meteorological bullet here.

Dave had another round of dentistry and came home early. He brought me a turkey sub and a cannoli from Mario's and we just did a whole lot of nothin' today.

Some days you just need to keep your jammies on and play.

1 comment:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Brace yourself....global warming enthusiasts....it's winter at its finest.

Today is Groundhog Day (Feb 2) and Jimmy the Groundhog (Sun Prairie, WI) did see his shadow. Another 6 weeks of winter.

Up until this point in time, Wisconsin hasn't seen bone-chilling, bitterly cold temperatures for at least 6 years.

We are expecting the mercury to plunge to -13 degrees below zero with dangerously low wind chills....I have heard 30-40 below zero wind chills.

I think this weekend will be a jammy weekend.

My critters are all inside today...as it really is too cold out for them.

So, while the sun shines beautifully in Southern WI, it is reminisent of the "old" days as a kid when we had this weather for weeks on end.

But...I say...it's just winter in WI and stay tuned, it'll change tomorrow.