Thursday, December 28, 2006

President Gerald R. Ford, R.I.P.

May President Ford rest in peace. Here's a photo that bemused me.



It's the president with two of his advisors. Do you recognize them? Hint: Think less hair and grayer hair and still on the national scene.

5 comments:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

I know....I know...

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

How about a gold star? :-)

And...did you know that President Ford owned a Golden Retriever named, Liberty, and that he gave up a position on the Green Bay Packers for law school at Yale University?

He was by far the most athletic president in history.

And...while not elected, he served his country well.

May the shamrocks fall softly for him.

Kevin said...

That's Dick Cheney and my old boss.

George magazine made a ranking of "The Top 10 Political Campaign Mistakes of All Time". #1 was his insistence in the 1976 Presidential debates that there was no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Ding-ding-ding. Wee half a weener.

BTS: I think you mean "former" boss, right? Careful about that "ageism."

Kevin said...

Oh, he's far from "old". "Former" is a much more apt word, you are right.

He lived in Chevy Chase Country Club off his Halliburton pension. His driver picked him up every morning at 0400 and usually didn't drop him off again until 2300. Anyone who can do that day in and day out is far from "old".

Ruth Anne Adams said...

BTS: Since the time I "outed" you as one of Rumsfeld's minions, I have really thought that you should write a reflection about him as a boss, as a man, as a mentor, as a leader. Preserving it now has an authenticity for historical purposes, even if it's only for your progeny. Also, now that the former president of Iraq is stone cold dead, you could write that reflection on where you were and who you were with on the night of his capture. You were in a special place at a special time in history and it's worth writing.