We were awakened at 4:12 a.m. by Zeke, who was complaining of missing his jakey blanket [all the blankets have names so we can identify which one they're speaking about]. It was discovered shortly and, while Dave was up, I told him I wanted my present.
He gifted me with a cool new cell phone. It's a RAZR [v.3 camera phone] by Motorola. Color: hot pink. Carrying case: light pinky-lavender. I recall the first time clocks went with radios. I haven't quite seen the utility of cameras with phones, but I'm sure I will. As my pal says, "a luxury once used becomes a necessity." He made sure it was blue-tooth compatible and he gave me his cast-off blue-tooth earpiece. His truck is gigged out with blue-tooth so he no longer needs it. I much prefer to learn about my gadgets by reading the handbook. If I were a digital native, I'd learn about it from the drop-down menus.
Today we have plans: a special cake from a distant bakery; a date with our Marriage Encounter group [we're giving the presentation tonight]; test driving a new babysitter for the children; untold surprises. More later.
15 years ago

6 comments:
BTW--Happy Birthday! Check your email later for a birthday surprise from me. We are celebrating Caleb's birthday today with five of his little friends. We are having a jungle party--idea courtesy of Family Fun magazine:
http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birthday/feature/famf199606_famf66jungle/famf199606_famf66jungle.html
Complete with a tiger face cake (baked by me), jungle vines all over the house, pin the poison dart frog on the snake game, rescue an animal obstacle course and face painting. Even though I chose to stay home with my kids and not officially pursue the PR career/event planner career I dreamed of in college, I really have found lots of ways to put those skills to good use--to bring joy to my kids and their friends! The thing I love about doing stuff like this for kids is that they don't care about perfection, just that it's fun. They can fill in the details with their great imaginations! Have a wonderful, wonder-filled day!
Kathie: Sounds like you're in mom heaven. Best to the little Caleb. Four is great.
Oh, Happy Birthday, Ruth Anne!
I hope it was lovely. DH's is tomorrow, but I don't have anything that equivalently cool for him (some year it's obvious, some not: this year, not). Now I'm feeling sufficiently shamed.
So, so enjoy! I have to tell you, I've never seen the point of phone-pix, but last week, when we were welcoming a new priest to our church and the entire church school was working on a project to commemorate his first Sunday, we discovered that our camera batteries were dead. We couldn't document how swell it was to have young and old working together.
A woman with a cell phone camera saved the day. Our dead phone camera takes decent pix. But the fact is, the cell phone cameras was there, and ready, when needed.
I think you'll like your new gadget.
Cumpleanos feliz,
bonne anniversaire, and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday. You are like my brother, his birthday is Sept. 7th, and my parent’s anniversary is Sept 8th. They also would have celebrated 51 years.
HBTY
HBTY
HBDR-A
HBTY
Post a Comment