Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hideous Fun

Like the train wreck from which you cannot avert your eyes, tonight's American Idol is a rollicking good train wreck. The remaining eight singers are all doing songs from Queen. It's allegedly supposed to be a "rock" night, but Queen's musical styles run the gamut.

True confessions: in college, I had Queen's "News of the World" -- on 8-track. I listend to that tape until it was garbled. I inherited the tape, circa 1977, from my eldest sister [I think it came with the stereo that I also snagged from her]. I used to drive the dee-jay at WRPN [Ripon College's radio station] nutsy requesting either Queen or Bread. So much for my musical inheritance.

It will be interesting to watch tomorrow night to see who's going home. The North Carolinians are still hanging in there, doing my state proud.

5 comments:

Paul is a Hermit said...

I'm thinking Katherine McPhee or Bucky but hoping Ace catches the bus.

Renee said...

I think it's going to come down to Bucky & Ace in the bottom... Out of the two of them I think Ace should go, even though my (5 yr. old Girl) thinks he’s cute......

Ruth Anne Adams said...

I am so tired of Ace's wounded lover look [or deer-in-the-headlights, depending upon your take] that I've been ready for him to go. Bucky did a really solid job the last two weeks. I think he's earned another week. Ace has never appealed to me. I think it's because I like my men a little less androgynous. So the same thing that appeals to your 5 year old girl is the same thing that turns me off.

Renee said...

I agree with you about Bucky, I think he has done really good the last two weeks, Ace I don't care for him for the same reason, but it is the young girl's that votes.... and they like those little puppy dog eye's.......

Paul is a Hermit said...

That's exactly why I didn't place Ace to leave on a jet plane. He has his groupies but not enough to see him through. So, since we're agreed, or wishful, Goodbye, Ace, we hardly knew ye.