As part of today's DFC, I cleaned out the freezer. It filled a couple kitchen garbage bags, but freed up a lot of terrain in the appliance. I took the opportunity to write out labels of what goes where on the shelves. I even had enough space to make a couple trays of ice.
We don't normally keep ice cubes. All my beverages are either chilled or served warm. No need for ice. When we have guests, this invites ridicule. So I joke "I lost the recipe" and that usually puts it to rest. I was telling Nanny that when we installed the fridge, we decided to not hook up the automatic ice cube maker in the freezer because its water source is local tap water. We have been drinking and cooking with bottled water for many years now. To put tap water ice cubes in bottled water sort of defeats the purpose of bottled water. She wondered how the cubes got made. I told her I filled the trays from the bottled water dispenser, noting "I found the recipe again and I made them from scratch."
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment