Kathie: I hardly know where to begin. This is a geographic joke -- you had to be there --.
Twitter lingo. Each small message is a 'tweet'. When a reader forwards your tweet to their readers, it's called a 'retweet' and you get notified of these. If you have a cute or funny one, it tends to get retweeted a lot. Lileks takes the most retweeted on a given day and uses that as the first line of his little LEGO cartoon. The other dialogue is new.
I decided, in honor of his fine work, to try the same, using my most recent Tweet of the day, which was, indeed, retweeted once and, technically counts. The other dialogue reflects a knowledge of Lileks himself. His wife is indeed a lawyer. His female counterpart is dressed in a red bikini. His daily blog is called the "Bleat". So his wife, a lawyer, hates it that he put her in a red bikini and hates it when he Bleats.
Not that I've successfully sucked all the funny out of that little 19 second video, I will say goodnight.
3 comments:
I don't get it. I guess I'm missing something.
Okay. I clicked the link to Lileks and I still don't get it. Please enlighten me.
Kathie: I hardly know where to begin. This is a geographic joke -- you had to be there --.
Twitter lingo. Each small message is a 'tweet'. When a reader forwards your tweet to their readers, it's called a 'retweet' and you get notified of these. If you have a cute or funny one, it tends to get retweeted a lot. Lileks takes the most retweeted on a given day and uses that as the first line of his little LEGO cartoon. The other dialogue is new.
I decided, in honor of his fine work, to try the same, using my most recent Tweet of the day, which was, indeed, retweeted once and, technically counts. The other dialogue reflects a knowledge of Lileks himself. His wife is indeed a lawyer. His female counterpart is dressed in a red bikini. His daily blog is called the "Bleat". So his wife, a lawyer, hates it that he put her in a red bikini and hates it when he Bleats.
Not that I've successfully sucked all the funny out of that little 19 second video, I will say goodnight.
Post a Comment