Another feature of blogs: find true love. Uber-bloggress Ann Althouse teased, teased, teased her readers but announced today on her blog [natch!] that she and long-time commenter, Meade, are engaged to be married. Tentative date: August 1, 2009. First date was only a couple months ago. My theory, which I twittered a long time go: reading and commenting on someone's blog eliminates the need for the first 48 dates. Anyway, I thought you'd find peculiar delight in that bit o' news.
He encouraged me to post and I am happy to oblige.
Personal to A &M: As Wisconsin is a marital property state, I urge you in the strongest terms possible from one who received a law degree from one of Wisconsin's most venerable law schools to consult, hire and use separate counsel to draft a pre-nuptial agreement. It is nothing whatsoever to do with the sincerity of the love, but has everything to do with making sure the offspring's portions are kept unentangled. And best wishes.
ADDED: And, since I saw the shamelss plug for a dress from Trooper's Lee Lee's Valise, I'm gonna' put the plug in now for the best wedding photographer in the world, my brother. You could do much worse than a Pulitzer-nominated former photojournalist who wrote the book on wedding photography. Oh, and he's also a blogger. And if you have the wedding in early August, that should be well before his next baby arrives in mid-September.

8 comments:
So when was the first date?
Are you reading anything between the lines in this post?
And check out Meade's invitation here.
I am actually in a state of shock.
When did this all take place?
I am happy and excited for her but WOW.
You're shocked? I was supposed to be Meade's next wife!
Peter: All sorts of between-the-lines, bread crumbs left all over the place for many, many days. Freeman, Amba and Trooper probably had the most inside scoop.
Titus: They hid in plain sight.
Excellent blog!
Would you like a Link Exchange with our blog COMMON CENTS where we blog about the issues of the day??
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com
ps. Monday's blog to be updated NLT 7PM
I kind of had some ideas Ruth Anne but I keep that kind of stuff under my hat. Or do you want everyone to know about you and Sean Connery?
And what kind of shameless plug for Lee Lee's Valise? I don't do shame.
For instance I would be happy to plug the beautiful spring coat that we will be adding to our website soon. And the five new dresses the wife designed with Olivia Harper that fit almost everyone like a glove. Just sayn'
Post a Comment