I got on the elevator tonight, 10th floor, heading home for the weekend.
It stops on the 9th floor and picks up a gentlman headed for the 5th.
By about 7, I blurted, 'You have great hair!', and he did...thick well-groomed, blonde-gray.
He turned to look at me, weirdly, and I added, 'I bet people tell you that all the time,' and smiled nervously.
'Yep, it's gray' he said as the doors opened on 5.
Grabbing at my miscommunication like Wile E. Coyote grabs for an overhanging limb, I reblurted 'Great hair...you have great hair.'
15 years ago

9 comments:
THAT is hilarious, RuthAnne. Too funny.
Oh man.... that's painful
"What's all this fuss about violins on television? . . . Oh, never mind."
Emily Litella, 1976
BirdieBob: The better one was, "What's all this talk about presidential erections?" until it happened in the Clinton administration.
I was really concerned about "Soviet Jewerly" but then Ezra Klein told me it was Anti-Semitic so I forgot about it.
Roseanne Scamadella who was the ABC reporter from local news who the character was based on lived next door to me for ten years. Let me tell you she was a real piece of work. Gilda didn't know the half of it.
Hey I added you to my blog list. Sorry for taking so long.
I concur, Rick...it did sound painful...but in great WileY Coyote fame, she saved face....
Way to go sis!! Musta been Friday, eh?
Rick - nice blogsite....our brother is a photographer as well...
Peggy :)
You must speak clearly, Ruth Anne.
Mom
Post a Comment