Monday, November 03, 2008

Old Enough to Vote: Part II


Eighteen years ago, when I married my husband in Georgia, my sister and brother-in-law who were living in Minnesota at the time, could not attend. The reason? Mary was expecting their first child. Tomorrow, that sweet little peanut [gooberschnitzel to her German Grandma] Stefanie turns eighteen. She intends to vote in her very first election and I hope to God the people at the polls allow her to at least cast a provisional ballot. She's a smart, talented, young lady and she has been well raised. [Seen here with her awesome Dad].

Happy Birthday, Stef! Welcome to the club!

3 comments:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Smart, chic and classy....and yes, everyone needs a black dress.

Hard to believe that she is 18 already. Man how fast time flies.

I remember when I turned 18.

Time just flies when you're having fun!!

Mary and Scott did a great job with her and she'll be a huge asset to society and I'm sure Stef will do a great job voting today.

Remember....vote early, vote often...*just kidding* but I love that line.

Peggy :)

vbspurs said...

Happy birthday, Stef! I had asked your aunty Peggy to convey my good wishes, but decided to do so in person when I saw Ruth Anne's post.

Let me say that you have just an amazing family. There are good people all over this world, but to me, the sincerity and just plain goodness of American families like yours -- well, you're the best.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Victoria

Renee said...

Happy Birthday Stef, yesterday my little Stephanie turned 8.....