This is the sketch that had David and me laughing into the commercial break. I don't know if it just struck a funny bone with us. But it's definitely not political.
15 years ago
On Marriage, Motherhood and Catholic living; looking at things from a 'Glass-is-half-full' perspective.
5 comments:
Explain the tiny hands inside joke again? Was one of the Lennon sisters a freak?
Cheers,
Victoria
Victoria:
I don't know. Perhaps one of my readers who's older than me might know. But it is just quirky funny. It reminded me a lot of Carol Burnett doing the Scarlett O'Hara character.
This is a spoof of the Lennon Sisters. They were a sisters singing act that performed on the Lawrence Welk show and other variety shows for many years. I just searched some websites and couldn't find anything about a sister with misformed hands--probably just a SNL sight gag. I'm thinking that we even had one of their records long ago. My Grama Kowalski was a big fan of the LW show and we spent an hour once a week watching it while she made Christmas ornaments or played cards on her TV tray. Grama also went to see the taping of the LW show many years ago. Mr. Welk tapped my Grama to dance with him but she was too shy to do it and wouldn't go up on the dance floor. I also recall going out for brunch to the Welk restaurant and ranch somewhere in CA.
I love the blogosphere. And when I mentioned 'older reader' I didn't expect someone a mere 6 months older than me!
Well, I'm a Lawrence Welk expert so I couldn't resist commenting! ARe you back from the beach?
Post a Comment