I was pleased and amazed by all the new things--including the Sippican friendly base housing [not a snout-house in sight!]--but nothing inspired me more than the 250 new young Infantry soldiers. Every one of them volunteered in the midst of a war with an intractable foe knowing they are the tip of the spear and are destined for battle. They looked impossibly young, but square-jawed and clear-eyed and ready for what awaits.
My son, all of six years old, was allowed to sit in the Stryker
and, within moments of being told which hand on the joystick, started zeroing in on targets. He wondered why he couldn't fire.
How smart is the Army to make their coolest of cool vehicles fit into the digital-aged soldiers who now use them?My nephew graduated, and, as I suspected, was different than the fellow we sent off in April.
The Army does this to people and has from time immemorial, but it is still a wonder to behold.

2 comments:
And you can't tell that Zeke and Little Dave aren't related???
I think Zeke will be Army bound.
He looked liked he was at home in that piece of equipment. And, all I could think of was Jimmy Neutron.
Peggy :)
I can't believe how big "little" Zeke is getting!
Post a Comment