Things still haven't gotten back to 'normal' around here since Annie's leg injury two weeks ago. We've been to the orthopedic doctor twice since the injury and to physical therapy twice, also. Wednesday's session was much improved over the one 7 days earlier, but Annie is still significantly reluctant to don her prosthesis, much less take a step. On the upside, she's much more mobile and comfortable sans prosthetic. She's scooting around and climbing unassisted, but she has refused to hop, which had become her mode of movement around the house.
I notice that each day is a little better than the day before, and I am hopeful that if there's a slight fracture, it will heal in due course as she continues to lightly bear weight on her leg. The doctor believes her prosthesis is as good or better than any cast would be. We'll see what's going on with x-rays on the next appointment in 2-3 weeks.
The injury made us cocoon a little bit while Annie mends and I hate the additional medical duty it poses, but I guess that's life with youngsters.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment