Christmas was lovely, a small affair. It began with 9:15 a.m. Mass--the best one to select if you wanted to avoid the crowds. They did pretty well, given the circumstances.
The kids were delighted that Santa left them a tree, under which was another cache of cool gifts. We took lots of photos, but darned if we can download them because Zeke has been monopolizing that computer with his newest LEGO/Star Wars game.
The girls got some more dress-up outfits [Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty] and they all got a tea set [thanks Cousins Anna and Steve!] and toy pots and pans, kitchen items and tools. Zeke proclaimed, "I can be a chef like Remy." Later in the afternoon, they discovered an unopened gift full of figurines from four of their favorites: Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Ratatouille. I can now start a First Prince's Club. And there are also bad guys: Maleficent, Wicked Step-Mother [Lady Tremaine], the dragon, and Gaston. I get to watch them recreate the stories they know well. I also get to delight when they put in a switcheroo...to look at the evil dragon from Sleeping Beauty and give it a Bugs Bunny quip, "Whoa, Dragon! Whoa! When I say 'whoa!' I mean 'whoa!' Dragons is such idjits!"
15 years ago

4 comments:
So glad you all spent the day at home with just your kids. We did the same today--it was wonderful. The kids stayed in P.j.'s the whole day and I didn't get dressed until 3:00pm. Blessings for the rest of your time off.
(())
Glad it all went well...here too..God bless..
Enjoy the time off.
Perhaps get Zeke the Adobe Creative Suite 3 and let him upload photos for you!! *grin*
Peggy :)
Post a Comment