Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Positively Giddy

The girls turn 4 on Friday. I'm taking that day off as my "floating holiday" that my company allows me to use in conjunction with another holiday. Tomorrow, I'm taking a vacation day to take Mom to lunch, go shopping for the party, pick up the cakes, and prepare for the Princess Birthday. I really enjoy making a big deal about the kids' birthdays and it's fun for me to take days off to languidly prepare.

The feeling I have when leaving work for a self-imposed 5 day exile, knowing that my work is done and anything undone can just wait while I mark this milestone, is borderline euphoric, but positively giddy.

2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

Blessings to you all. Congrats to your girls. Have a fun time off.

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

And....Happy b-day to the Princi (or would it be Princessi)?....kinda like the Magi?

B-days are fun.....someday...I'll get there before they go to college.

But....then maybe they'll live by me and go to Ripon!!

Peggy :)