Annie has a naughty habit of playing with her glasses and popping out the lens. [The clear one? Heaven's no! It's the one with the prescription.] She hadn't done it with her new glasses, so we mistakenly thought she was over that phase. Last night, her spectacles became monacled and we turned things upside down looking for that @$&%*( lens. We entreated upon St. Anthony to help us and I went to bed angry and frustrated.
This morning, Dave awoke with a dream that suggested Annie's lens may be in the hair-bob basket. I woke up with a dream that suggested Annie's lens may be under a certain cushion of the couch. Dave organized the hair-bobs and got bupkus. I moved the cushions and got zilch. But I had one more idea to re-look under the couch, with the flashlight and viola! There was her lens, under the section of the sofa, amid the other hair-bobs that couldn't be reached. That's where my stick with a hook came in especially handy.
Thanks, St. Anthony! He worked through Dave and me together.
15 years ago

2 comments:
Our youngest son lost his favorite Mickey Mouse CD Rom game. It was really helping him to spell, draw, recognize different shapes, colors, etc. We went crazy looking for it! A week later I prayed to St. Anthony and within 30 minutes I found it under his brother's dresser (Didn't I look there already?) I enjoy reading your blog - we would make good neighbors! Mrs. Sippican (Gina)
Mrs. Sippican: I am so pleased you came out of the shadows. Your husband is such a smoosh when it comes to you. I would love to meet you someday because he speaks so highly of you, and I do trust his opinion on most things.
St. Anthony, though, isn't he a pip!
Post a Comment