...Something's lost that must be found." Today is the feast day of Saint Anthony of Padua. He is one of my personal favorites. I fully expect to see him laughing at me somewhere in eternity. I rely on him almost daily whenever something in our busy household is misplaced. I have taught the children to call out, "St. An-tho-NEE!" or to say the little couplet when we're looking for something.
Why do I love St. Anthony? First of all, he's a Franciscan. I never met a Franciscan I didn't like. Secondly, he is a funny Saint. He knows how to get me from frustrated to laughing quickly. Thirdly, he was a great preacher, and never spoke ill of anyone. His purity of tongue is to be emulated. I especially need that.
He lived his life fully for Jesus and now, in eternity, he's helping me find Annie's misplaced eyeglass lens.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment