We enjoyed a date night yesterday. Until some genius starts movies at 8 p.m., we're not going to get a movie and dinner. Even though the sitter arrived early, it was just enough time to go to our favorite theater and eat there. We got hot dogs and sodas which cost 16 bucks. I was too hungry to be outraged.
Then we watched the beautifully bloody "300" [sound at link] about the ancient Spartans who fought against the vast army of Xerxes. One of my absolute favorites, Dominic West [from "The Wire"] portrayed a Spartan politician quite at odds with the dominance of their warrior culture. Noble warriors, invading foreigners, disreputable politicians were all played to type. There was gruesome goriness, but it was shot beautifully, much like what I've seen in The Matrix or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
The theater was almost empty. Quite a spartan crowd, I might say. If you're going to see this in a theater, I suggest you go soon. Hey, hey now. Don't kill the messenger.
15 years ago

1 comment:
I have not seen this movie....as I wasn't sure I'd like it. I saw the Shooter this weekend, but hunkered down to do taxes and books the rest of the weekend. Mom and I had breakfast on Sunday and the I helped her clean out her freezer so she can get it out of the kitchen. I made her dump most of the stuff in there and it's now in my dumpster at home.
I made serious headway on the taxes/books, of which I am most grateful.
I loved the movie Gladiator with Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix. Is this anything like that but from the Greek perspective vs. the Roman perspective?
I had the DVD Broken Bridges (Toby Keith/Kelly Preston/Burt Reynolds) on in the background on Sunday while sorting receipts, etc. Great movie...I suggest it to my fellow country fan.
I always get popcorn at the movie theatre....which is always a treat...even if I see 2 or 3 movies a week. *grin*
Post a Comment