Saturday, March 17, 2007

Date Night: Love Circle

It was a very taxing day for me. I spent 8 hours toiling in the basement. I promised Dave I wouldn't blog [kept that one, too!], but I would keep on task. I didn't even have a glass of water or stop for lunch ["martyr" and "mother" sound alike, don't they?]. Figuring that I had about 6 months of neglected paperwork to complete before I could start the tax questions, hed' have been pleased at how much I did accomplish. I'm still in the midst of it, but I can see daylight from here. I think tax time is good for resolutions: I will not neglect all my sales tickets and my year-end inventory until taxes are due.

It was also the third Saturday of the month which means our local Love Circle. It consists of married couples who have at some point in their lives made a Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekend. One of the things that makes WWME different from any old couples retreat is that it is continued when the couple returns home. It's not just a weekend; it's a movement of married couples who are striving to build loving, intimate, Christ-centered marriages. Every now and then, it is good to be around like-minded folks who are journeying in their Christian vocations along with us. None of us are perfect, but we have created a very affirming, enlightening group. It always gives me a shot in the arm. Keep going. You're on the right path. Don't stop communicating. Don't stop choosing to love.

No comments: