Monday, March 12, 2007

'24' Recap: Mad Martha Makes Mayhem

'24' keeps rolling along like a roller-coaster and I keep hanging on like someone trying to gain entry in The Guiness Book of World Records. Tonight, Martha Logan, played smartly by Jean Smart reappeared. She's still lovely, seems to have a good relationship with Aaron [her former Secret Service guard] ---told ya'!--- and is batty. When her former husband, the on-house-arrest-former-president needs a favor, she complies. So why is he being raced to the hospital? Oh, yeah. She hit an artery with the paring knife.

I loved Rick Schroeder's entrance. He comes from Fort Bragg. So we know he's with Special Operations, just like Jack was, and, judging by the way he man-handles the help, he's a bend-the-rules kinda' guy, too. Jack can just bleed out, Joel Surnow. You have found your next Jack and his name is Mike Doyle.

3 comments:

Pauli said...

Jack can just bleed out, Joel Surnow. You have found your next Jack and his name is Mike Doyle.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Here's to Morris hitting Doyle's artery with a paring knife next.

Bob said...

Man, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a ... I'm not the world's biggest "24" fan, but I was on the edge of the couch from the moment the former First Lady started hacking away at the kiwi. Will she stick it to the no-good-nik Charles, or won't she? Aww, she put down the knife. No, wait - there's another. Will she? YESSSSSS!

Pauli said...

It was an effective turn-about -- at the end of the last season, you feel horrible for her and want to see him go down in flames. In that scene you really want her to grow up and listen to him. I think they're both great actors.