Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Detour

Because of this post over at Althouse, I was all ready to blog tonight about a remembrance of my time in the U.S. Army Airborne School and to share a YouTube about bad exits [turn the music off because it's awful and foul]. But before I wrote it, I received an email from a church friend who is doing the March of Dimes Walk Across America and dedicating her family's walk to my girls. I discovered this YouTube, about a preemie named "Ezekiel" and thought it was worth a watch. Just as information, both my girls were also 26 weekers. Mary Jo weighed 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Annie was the big girl at 2 pounds 3 ounces.



If you'd like to make a donation to my friend's walk-a-thon, please email me and I'll send you her link.

1 comment:

JLF said...

I will never cease to be amazed that those tiny babies grew into the active pair of red heads I now read about. I will also never cease to be amazed by the balance of strength and delicacy, complexity and redundancy with which God designed the human body.

My niece was born a month early. While she was much older than your girls and a comparatively huge 5 lbs 15 oz, her inability to coordinate breathing and eating led to a frightening stay in the NICU. She's now a 17 month old spitfire so beloved by her cousin (my 18 month old daughter) that we have to look at pictures of her every day.

I wonder if she'll want to jump out of planes when she grows up.