Monday, January 22, 2007

"24" - Hour Five

We watched another excellent episode of '24' tonight. We were totally shocked that Rocket Romano turns out to be Jack's ne'er-do-well brother. With only a little Basil Exposition, we learn that at Jack's wife's funeral, Jack's sister-in-law made a play for him. Here's my out-in-left-field guess about these family dynamics: I'm betting that Jack's nephew is really his son from a brief tryst with sis-in-law. Next thing we'll find out Kimberly made Jack a grandfather while he was in the Chi-com prison.

President Palmer addressed the nation from the subterranean bunker. Both Dave and I wondered aloud whether he'd have a mock-up set to look like the Oval Office. Sure enough, he did. These guys think of everything. I wonder if they're using a cast-off set from NBC's West Wing?

Can they tie up another thread from previous seasons and bring in Mrs. Logan [the former First Lady, played by Jean Smart]? She was my favorite from the previous "day" and I would dearly love to see her in some role this "day." Mushroom clouds looming over LA and Jack's family multiplying and emerging like rabbits from a hutch. How do they keep making this stuff so gripping and entertaining?

No comments: