Friday, December 22, 2006

Laundry Before and After

Here's the beginning of the laundry project. The disassembly of the previous closet. It is already painted in the new pale gray/blue. Doors are off.

Here's after. New high efficiency washer and dryer installed and working, new shelves installed, additional places to organize brooms, mops, and dustpans on the right.

A special feature I requested: The iron caddy and ironing board hook, plus the top two of the new shelves. A few of the shelves are fixed for stability. The rest are adjustable. There is a hole drilled on the left side to plug in the washer. The water faucets are not obstructed. As I said, not much of a gain in storage capacity, but much improved access and neatness. And that counts.

2 comments:

Kathie Brinkman said...

well, I think that's cool. I think it's neat that you all have found someone to hire out little jobs like this. It does look more organized. Enjoy!

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Nice remodeling job, Kins!! I didn't realize the W/D unit was stackable.

Merry Christmas!!

BTW, I was re-reading Mary's blog (she's about as timely as me in bloggin') but I did request powered sugar on Turkey Day...and surprisingly...they had some for me!! And...we did talk about you....and remembered you jumping up on the counter when Mom was on the phone to Gab-a-Gail and you'd consume as much as you could without chokin'.

Gotta love memories, eh?

Peggy :)

Peggy :)