Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What States Have You Visited?

Thanks to A Corner of the Cosmos for this cool link. When the children are a little older, we're planning the great trip out west. I think I'd really like to see all of these United States before going abroad again. I used to travel by plane a lot and so that explains why I could hit Nevada and not some of those other "middle ones."



create your own visited states map

4 comments:

SippicanCottage said...

I see CT and NY have fallen, but we've still got Rhode Island as a buffer against any incursions.

Vigilance is called for.

XWL said...

Interesting map, I posted my own map, also.

What have you got against the west, anyway?

(Not that I have anything against the south, just haven't got around to visiting much of it)

If you need a tour guide for the wilds of Southern California, you know where to find me.

My friend would have an easy time filling this out, he'd just check everything but Alaska. Plus he managed to visit the entire lower 48 on the same road trip.

I should get him to post a series of recollections on that.

And Rhode Island is safe from me for the time being as well, but I have marched on much of the rest of New England.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

XWL: What have you got against the upper Midwest and the South? I have nothing against the West...just haven't been there yet.

My brother, sister-in-law and niece live in SoCal, so I imagine we'll be going there sometime. If I just get on I-40 and drive west, eventually, I'll get there. But, if I drive east for 4.5 hours, I get to a really nice beach.

XWL said...

But the Atlantic is just a puddle compared to the majestic Pacific.

I've got no problems with the South, like you and the West, just haven't visited yet.

Most of my vacations, or business travel, as an adult have been spent up and down California, or in Southern Nevada and Arizona.

The deserts speak to me, unlike any other place, that's the only way to explain it.

And I really hate hot and humid, that's just not natural, or meant for humans to endure.

(hot and dry is fine, cool and humid is OK, cool and dry is OK, too, but hot and humid, ugggh)

(and not to brag or anything but I can walk leisurely for 30 minutes and find myself at the World Famous Santa Monica Pier, and the beaches surrounding it)