My father died on July 3, 2006, at 11:15 p.m. in Columbus, Wisconsin, after several years with Alzheimer's disease. He was 77 years old. He is survived by his wife of over 50 years, Anne, and four children and six grandchildren.
My sister, Peggy, was with him at the end. His departure was quite peaceful. I'm on my way to Wisconsin later today. I'm taking my laptop and my hotel room has free wi-fi. I tend to process major things in my life through this blog, so I believe this will be no different.
The requiem prayer we say in the Roman Catholic Church goes like this:
Eternal rest grant unto him.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
My brother has more on his blog as well.
15 years ago

5 comments:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God be with you always.
He's free now of all his infirmities. I'll continue to pray for you all. LYL
Love to all from all the assorted Sullivans.
Our prayers with you also, Ruth Ann.
IN PARADISUM (midi)
"May the angels escort thee to paradise, may the martyrs receive thee at thy coming and bring thee into the holy city Jerusalem. May the choir of angels receive thee, and with Lazarus, who once was poor, mayst thou have eternal rest."
God bless him and you and all your loved ones, Ruth Anne. You are blessed to have such a family and to have had such a father.
Post a Comment