Now that Thursdays have become must-not-watch TV, we put in the DVD "Team America: World Police," written and directed and voiced by the makers of "South Park," Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
If you love irreverence and over-the-top gross-out humor, this film is for you. If you are not freaked out by almost-lifelike marionettes, this film is for you. If you are waiting for the uppance to come to the Hollywood elites and the hate-America-first crowd, this film is for you. If you are willing to sit through an hour and a half for about 30 minutes of funny, this film is for you. The thing I enjoyed most was the original music. I snoozed a little in the middle, so it didn't really cost me the whole 90 minutes of my life.
DFC Update: Brightened the corner of my kitchen countertop and, even though this isn't a cleaning project, I cleaned my toaster oven inside and out. Also, I sent off a box of new-but-never-sold cosmetics to the local YWCA for their project to assist lower-income girls to attend their proms.
15 years ago

1 comment:
This film is one of the Jokers in my deck of 'Must See' films.
A great piece of filmmaking, and a really cogent explanation of the goals of current American foreign policy (in the most scatalogical terms possible, but still a perfect explanation of the 'Bush Doctrine')
Post a Comment