Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Feature

I updated my blogroll in the right sidebar yesterday. I had been a pretty happy and loyal 'customer' [it's a free service] of Blogrolling.com until they went dormant for several months to create an update version of their product. The update was promised for months before they delivered. Then, when they rolled it out, they installed an ad with every click of my blogroll. This changed the URL on the link and made many web pages difficult/impossible to open. It's the worst innovation since New Coke. In Althousian lingo, it's 'dustless black pepper'--an unnecessary fix to a problem that never existed. So, I created the blogroll anew from within the Blogger.com program. The added feature is that there's a time on screen for when that link was last updated. It saves me the wasted time/effort/frustration of going around the horn and not seeing new blog content. I hope you like it as much as I already do.

2 comments:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Perhaps it'll shame me into posting some new drivel...*grin*

I do like the feature and it'll be a huge timesaver. I often stop by your site to see what others (Mom, Mary, Paul and you) are up to.

Poor Vic (Sundries) I think has disappeared to computer hell....*lol*

Hope all is well with your family....hugs to all!!

Peggy :)

Trooper York said...

Hey once again I am sorry I didn't add you to the blog roll sooner.
But I forgot how to do it and just remember today so I added you and Freeman.