Dave had a wild hair to set up the 'new' computer downstairs. We're still trying to make the best use of our limited space. We concluded that the corner console that looks like a heli-pad could go and something smaller could take its place. Dave mentioned seeing an armoire-style unit that might do the trick, so he suggested we do an outing to the office supply store. The kids were complaining of hunger, so McDonald's was the first stop.
At Staples, we spent about 5 minutes selecting a new laser printer, then onto the furniture. I'm probably being strongly influenced by Sippican, and also just plum-tired of putting together furniture with cam-bolts and a hex-wrench, but I just did not want to 'go for faux' one more time. Further, for the $300+ that will wind up in a landfill soon, I thought we could do much better. Sure enough, they offered a couple sleek glass-and-chrome tables that would work well at half the price. Tempered glass doesn't make any pretense of being wood. We chose this one. It will be in the basement and possibly in a child's room in the unlikely event that any child of ours actually gets to have a room with a computer in it.
The rest of the day was spent in the Sisyphean pursuit of Annie's glasses. Found, natch, by the owner of the uterine homing device.
15 years ago

2 comments:
I must say this is the perfect desk for you--The Trinity collection. You are so Catholic you even buy Catholic furniture! Wink, smile. LOL
Kathie: That had to have been Providence because I didn't notice it until Dave assembled it and I was looking for the name to blog about it.
That wild hair of his continued. It is assembled and all the office furniture has been moved around.
Post a Comment