Friday, November 30, 2007

Party Gals [Updated]

Tomorrow morning, the girls are going to a birthday party at a local place called "Bounce U." The guest of honor is a little boy in their religious education class who is celebrating a birthday. Those of you who read this blog regularly know that I make a big deal about birthdays, but they are usually big deals at home among close family and friends. I've never opted for one of those kinder-gaggles thrown at a kid-friendly place. I still have never been into a Chuck E. [Fargin'] Cheese, even though I read about Lilek's monthly trek there with Gnat. Just never opted in. I figure there are some things they won't miss if they're never introduced to them. But I'm not opposed to anyone else throwing such parties. Also, this is a family that I don't know, but who are connected with us from Church. I see that they're wanting their child to socialize with other kids from Church. I don't disagree with that. Hence, the girls and I will be going out early tomorrow for a bounce; the menfolk have yet to declare their plans. [I'm guessing they'll both sleep late.]

We've been prepping the girls, too. Today after Mass, we all went to the store to select gifts for the little boy [and no one else]. They did a good job at church and at the store and I was appropriately effusive with my praise. Today, Daddy was having them practice saying, "Happy Birthday, P******! Thank you for inviting me to your party!" Let's hope they put on their princess manners and have a blast.

UPDATE: We came, we bounced, we ate some cake. What a cool place that was! Annie started out with her leg on and then found all the climbing to be better accomplished sans leg. [It only freaked out the parents.] There was loud, frenetic music playing and the kids behaved accordingly. It was lots of fun. What a neat idea for an add-water-and-stir party for children!

No comments: