Several days ago, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was slated to meet the British monarchs. His arrival was described on this news bit:
Even with the controversy, he got a royal welcome. But listen to what the musicians played to hail the arrival of the Saudi King:
Hmmm. Some musician has a very good sense of humor. I hope he still has his job.
15 years ago

5 comments:
Excellent- the British are always good at a show....
Love those people!
Worked in Saudi for 18 months- nothing like seeing a beheaded body of a Christian preacher hung out for all to see on Thursday (before their Friday holy day.) My family always wondered why I am so energy conscience- no need for me to help that evil empire!
Janette: Welcome. I hope you find it comfortable and pleasant around my little pink blog.
I saw the movie "The Kingdom" and that does parlay well here with the YouTube blips you played.
I still remember to this day the course I took as a freshman in college (~1976) that the only reason the US is in the Middle East is for oil....that was over 30 years ago and it's still true today.
If the scientists and technology specialists could do something productive the evil (Darth Vader-esque) empire referred to as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia who has a stronghold on the West....would not have the lavish homes...and extravagant lifestyle....
And...hold on to your wallets...gas is expected to go to $120/barrel and over $3.30/gal by the end of 2007.
Thanks for sharing the clips, Ruth.
Peggy :)
Wow! I can't believe that "the band" got away with that music. Have you heard any skuttle-butt about the music since then? Did the King even know what was being played?
This was hilarious, Ruth Anne! I'd heard about it but not actually seen the video. Priceless.
Post a Comment