A Friday date night became a double date when Nanny and Mr. H's plans changed. We started off with a quick run through CostCo, then onto Jimmy's for fish. The discussion was so good, we didn't want to end. Next we were off to Fox and Hound and the guys spent an hour at the pool table while Nanny and I solved all the rest of the world's problems over an Irish coffee and Bailey's. I was surprised at how the time flew. Our poor sitter was not used to us being out so late [he was well-paid for his dozing]. Me either! I was up another couple hours, doing the blog thing. The children woke us, groggy, this morning.
I remember the times we partied quite late. Those days vanished many years ago. Our confreres are now empty-nesters. Perhaps there's a consolation prize for raising your kids successfully to adulthood?
15 years ago

1 comment:
Not a consolation prize but a reward. On earth, a clean house and maybe, grandchildren. In heaven, a "well done, good and faithful servant" from your Lord. Pretty good pay either way for just 20-30 years of hard work. Caleb is five, just 15 more years to go for my earthly reward.
Post a Comment