Thursday, October 04, 2007

Why? It Urped

I'm home today because the girls were ill. Or at least I surmised they were ill from the vomiting I witnessed. They seem better now, or at least on the mend. Mary Jo is just crabby and Annie doesn't like the limited diet she's on [basically, bread and water]. I recall one other time when Annie had a curious urping session. She avoided a surgery and my father passed away within a couple weeks. Today, the back-up Nanny was ill, too. Let's hope it was just a confluence of much-needed sick days for all of us. And I often take comfort in the advice I got from Reader which went something like, "Did I tell you my son was a puker? Some kids just are."

2 comments:

Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Oh no....not a case of "up chuck."

Do you remember Mom used to call it upchucking......just why would we want to bring up chuck?

I never get where words come from.....or sayings.....

Probably goes along with the word tinkle.

Say....I am sorry that they're not doing well.

My Twister was in the vet clinic the other day. She scared me because I thought she was constipated....seems she had gut rot probably from eating too many rotten apples and pears.....while in I had them take off a skin tag.....she's now slightly more spoiled than she was and enjoys tormenting her son, Drifter who so wants to play with her.

Gut rot, urp, upchuck...and my favorite...voodoo vomit....I called it that my jr. year in college....EVERYONE got it...mainly food poisoning from the Commons....never eat elephant scabs again....or was it that meat loaf....

Take care...and keep well.

Peggy :)

sueh said...

Isn't Doc Holliday a friend??