Annie had another excellent session at PT. We were going to skip this week and begin going every other week, but we adapted today for a visit from Mr. Tony. Annie also tried a new obstacle--a balance beam--and did mighty fine. To walk with your legs at shoulder-width is one thing; to put one in front of the other is entirely another. She did great. Then, as the session progressed, she walked back and forth several times over the beam and even did it while carrying some toys. She trekked down the hall and back without her cane and Mr. Tony was his normal exuberant self. Dave and Annie followed him to his office where he made a modification to the Mr. Tony leg and removed the knee-ankle joint that she is not digging. I guess we're up to version 2.1 now. We'll skip next week and return the week after. [Hey! We might even try skipping in the interim!]
Annie's requesting to wear her leg more and more. She does it by coyly saying, "Ahm, Mama, my weg is cowd. Can I pwease wear my wamby and my Mista Tony weg?" Translation: Um, Mama, my leg is cold. Can I please wear my lamby [prosthetic sock] and my Mr. Tony leg [prosthesis]. She's gaining confidence and skill at overcoming perambulatory challenges.
Tomorrow, both girls see their pediatrician and Zekie gets to dine with Nanny at their favorite restaurant [Applebee's].
15 years ago

3 comments:
Like mother, like daughter. I seem to recall her mom excelled at the balance beam a quarter century or so ago! Maybe there is gymnastics in Annie's future!? Something to think about.
As well as the mats, the uneven bars.....weren't you an all-arounder, Ruth?
I seem to recall State on the Uneven Bars...but I could be wrong....
Yes....talent is inherited. I think Annie has a lot.....she'll go places.
Peggy :)
Sounds like you have your hands full! God bless..
Post a Comment