Annie rode along as I dropped Mom off at the airport and then we arrived--miraculously!--early for her regular appointment. I missed last week's session and Annie was so focused on her work that it was like you pressed her MUTE button. She walked the 100 yards to see the fish and then down and up a secret stairway and back another 100 yards to point A. She hit balls off the t-ball stand [excellent for challenging her balance because it requires a horizontal hip shift to properly hit the ball], then into the ball crawl and home. She is gaining confidence every time we go. You can see her self-satisfied smile amid the concentration.
The next test for her will be this Sunday when she begins Sunday school [as does Mary Jo]. I want her to walk into class on her own power [magic stick allowed], but I want her to be able to look her classmates in the eye. She was barely eligible for this program last year and I'm glad we waited. I wanted her gross motor skills to be further developed. Thanks to Mr. Tony and Miss Ashley, they are.
15 years ago

1 comment:
That's great. That inner drive is the hardest thing to bring out in a child. She's going to do just fine in life--her own way!
Post a Comment