Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Annie PT Update: A Quantum Leap

Annie had her usual session today with Miss Ashley. Kudos go to Nanny who got Annie walking around the house with her Mr. Tony leg pretty regularly this past week. Annie walked and fell really well today [hey! falling is part of learning to walk!]. She climbed a ladder mounted on the wall [straight vertical] with help. She had to "rescue" some of the stuffed animals from higher up. No fear displayed whatsoever, just a lot of determination. I was distracted by a text message from home and it took me a long time to key in the response [I refuse to text with 'creative spelling'] and so I missed the many confident, unsupported steps she took across the room. Ashley made her walk backwards and was really pleased that she did that well [it requires a set of muscles not often used by amputees]. A couple trapeze drops into the ball pit and we called it a day.

All in all, another great session for Annie.