On Marriage, Motherhood and Catholic living; looking at things from a 'Glass-is-half-full' perspective.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Family Fun Outing: Y? Because We Like To
New policy at the Y: nursery care is free to members with family membership. Dave and I had some sweaty together time on the adjacent elliptical machines while the kids were well behaved amid the chaos. That counts, right?
I used the childcare service a lot, relatively speaking, when my son was very young and before he got involved in a bunch of other activities. Unfortunately, that also means I (we) haven't been going.
One of our goals for this fall...
(And there's really no excuse: son has been asking to go to Kids' Gym regularly--you know, as opposed to "babysitting," because, you know, he's a **real** big boy, not a baby, or toddler, or even a little boy that people just **say** is big. These would be a basic paraphrase of HIS words. My, oh, my: they grow so fast, and claim more and more independence for themselves. A good thing. Still ... .)
Didn't mean to delete that first comment ... oops. But never mind; it's not like it was a whole lot different than the expanded second comment, and I wasn't correcting for a mistake or anything. Just an oopsie!
4 comments:
I used the childcare service a lot, relatively speaking, when my son was very young and before he got involved in a bunch of other activities. Unfortunately, that also means I (we) haven't been going.
One of our goals for this fall...
(And there's really no excuse: son has been asking to go to Kids' Gym regularly--you know, as opposed to "babysitting," because, you know, he's a **real** big boy, not a baby, or toddler, or even a little boy that people just **say** is big. These would be a basic paraphrase of HIS words. My, oh, my: they grow so fast, and claim more and more independence for themselves. A good thing. Still ... .)
Didn't mean to delete that first comment ... oops. But never mind; it's not like it was a whole lot different than the expanded second comment, and I wasn't correcting for a mistake or anything. Just an oopsie!
But to repeat: Yes, that counts!
RIA: I believe they do have a Kids' Gym...though none of mine are old enough yet.
Post a Comment