Thursday, May 24, 2007

High Steffin'

I got the call tonight that my niece Stefanie, a sophomore in high school in Wisconsin, just qualified for the State Track competition. She raced today in three events and is going on in the 300 meter hurdles. She's always been a speedy kid. She's been gifted by the genes from her hurdler mother and her basketball-playing father. Add into that mix that her mom was a physical education teacher and that she was a figure skater since age eight and you have the makings for a talented athlete.

She's awesome. Do well, Niecey!

UPDATE: My brother is vacationing in Wisconsin and photographed Steffi at the rainy meet. As I look on her intent face, I notice two things: a Michael Jordan tongue and my sister's face from a quarter century ago.

1 comment:

Million Dollar Mary said...

ya think? everyone swears she looks exactly like scott....there must be a resemblance, huh?

love ya,
Mary

p.s. i reminded stefanie that she is one of the top 16 hurdlers in the entire state of wisconsin....that put a smile on her face...