Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bathroom Redo: Part Deux

Last night's date night was quite wonderful. We both had a great meal at the Texas Land and Cattle Company. Then we were off to the Home Depot to get down to chrome tacks [he's not doing brass] for Dave's bathroom redo. We found floor tile, grout, bought a tub, the light fixture, recessed medicine chest, wall storage unit and the cabinetry. It's the same maker as my bathroom, MasterBath, but he preferred the shaker style in a medium shade called cinnamon. We bought a very deep [20 inch] Kohler tub. It could be a jetted or whirlpooled tub, but Dave opted to just leave it as a tub alone. I know jetted tubs are big these days, but the kids' bathroom is not the room in which to put it, and I'm a little wary as I've heard they're prone to malfunction. Finally, I grew up in a 100+ year old Victorian which had one bathroom [the shower wasn't added until the year I went away to college], so I'm kind of "bathed out." It's fine now for my little mermaids and merman [Ethel?] to swim in, but they'll be graduating to showers soon enough.

Our plan is to have the bathroom done later this month while we're away on vacation. How cool is that?

No comments: